Barcode Font in Reporting Services 2008 R2 When Printed From the RS Button Won't Scan

Who is online?  0 guests and 0 members
Home  »  Forums   »  microsoft business intelligence   »  reporting services   » Barcode Font in Reporting Services 2008 R2 When Printed From the RS Button Won't Scan

Barcode Font in Reporting Services 2008 R2 When Printed From the RS Button Won't Scan

Topic RSS Feed

Posts under the topic: Barcode Font in Reporting Services 2008 R2 When Printed From the RS Button Won't Scan

Posted: 4/29/2011

Padawan 186  points  Padawan
  • Joined on: 11/24/2010

I have a strange scenario, I'm using SSRS 2008 R2 native Report Manager to surface reports to warehouse managers.  These reports contain barcodes so that the person can walk around and count goods while scanning, report is literally 2 text fields, the product name and the barcode.  The barcodes are a font not an image but I guess appears like an image?   Either way, I can scan the barcode successfully everywhere (including printing from the browser) except for when I click the print button (the easiest way) in Report Manager and try from the piece of paper it produces.  

When I print the images from the browser it works, and works for all export formats that can render the "image."  I can tell a definite difference in the barcodes printed from the browser and from report manager.  Anyone experienced this?

I am using http://www.idautomation.com/fonts/code39/ due to the development team I am working with is using this throughout the application, but I prefer codeplex more often because it's free and ran across this one: http://barcoderender.codeplex.com/.  Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? 

Posted: 4/29/2011

Jedi Master 3033  points  Jedi Master
  • Joined on: 2/19/2010

Barcodes have relative size and space requirements in order to work correctly.  The first thing I would try is to physically expand the field with the bar code wider so that when you print the resulting bar code is larger on the paper.  The other thing to look at would be the barcode itself, is it being truncated or modified somehow when you print.  Bar code fonts can be a bit problematic so you have to check everything very carefully.

Posted: 5/5/2011

Padawan 238  points  Padawan
  • Joined on: 3/3/2011

I am using http://barcoderender.codeplex.com/ and it works great thanks to the developer who created a custom report item. Using SQL Server 2008 r2. No font install require on the server or user machine. Barcode is rendered as an image through code.

Stephen

Posted: 12/31/2011

Jedi Youngling 7  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 12/31/2011

there is a wonderful space about barcode font.

http://onbarcode.com/fonts/

Hope it helpful.Tongue outTongue outTongue out

Posted: 2/9/2012

Jedi Youngling 21  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 2/9/2012

You could have a try of the <a href="http://www.keepautomation.com/products/word_barcode/barcodes/code_39.html">Code 39</a> in word in the link below:

http://www.keepautomation.com

Posted: 1/21/2013

Jedi Youngling 8  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 12/21/2012

well, thanks for your advice. It seems that you are quite an expert for barcode, so I would ask you for some advice. Now there are many barcode fonts for Excel, but I am trying to design a barcode plugin for generating barcode in Excel, similar to this Excel Barcode Add-in. Do you think it is better to use a barcode font in Excel or to use such a plugin?

Posted: 4/15/2013

Jedi Youngling 2  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 4/15/2013

As for barcode font in reporting services, I have used good one. I can share this with you all. It's called barcode generator library for Reporting Services. It has detailed tutorial of creating barcode in Reporting Services. So if you have any question about creating barcode in Reporting Services of scan barcode in Reporting Services, I believe you can find your answer there.

Posted: 4/26/2013

Jedi Youngling 6  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 4/23/2013

This SSRS 2008 barcode generator enables you to generate most linear and 2D barcodes without using fonts.

Posted: 6/26/2013

• Joined on: 6/26/2013

sfsdafes said:

As for barcode font in reporting services, I have used good one. I can share this with you all. It's called barcode generator library for Reporting Services. It has detailed tutorial of creating barcode in Reporting Services. So if you have any question about creating barcode in Reporting Services of scan barcode in Reporting Services, I believe you can find your answer there.

thanks for sharing, i found the tools you recommended are really useful!

Posted: 7/25/2013

Jedi Youngling 4  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 2/19/2013

Maybe you can read some FAQs page on barcode generation in SSRS 2008.  Or you should read the deployment environment requirement of barcode font for Reporting services.

Posted: 8/6/2013

Jedi Youngling 6  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 8/6/2013

caryflores said:

Maybe you can read some FAQs page on barcode generation in SSRS 2008.  Or you should read the deployment environment requirement of barcode font for Reporting services.

thanks for sharing, that's awesome! i think you can recommend more useful tools for us in the future.

Posted: 9/9/2013

Jedi Youngling 22  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 7/8/2013

awesome ! so many good resources here! and all of them are shown before my eyes while i searched on the internet about barcode in ssrs, which is another different resource i like best,and as for what you guys said,i've used their code 128 barcode in ssrs.not bad!

Posted: 10/8/2013

• Joined on: 10/8/2013

Hi m3crast,

I use VS2012 + SQL 2008 R2 with SharePoint 2010. can you let me know how to use idautomation code 39 in VS expression ? I tried use "!" & Field!***.value & "!", on screen, the barcode work fine, but sent to Zebra 400, label show "! 123456789 !".

Thanks

tags barcode

Posted: 10/18/2013

Jedi Youngling 4  points  Jedi Youngling
  • Joined on: 10/18/2013

barcode said:

well, thanks for your advice. It seems that you are quite an expert for barcode, so I would ask you for some advice. Now there are many barcode fonts for Excel, but I am trying to design a barcode plugin for generating barcode in Excel, similar to this Excel Barcode Add-in. Do you think it is better to use a barcode font in Excel or to use such a plugin?

hello, it may be Easily generate barcodes in Microsoft Word and Excel with this Excel Barcode Add-in. The add-in changes the selected data to a barcode when applied. In Excel, it may be used to convert an entire column or row of data into barcodes. This product may be used royalty free with  Barcode Fonts. Barcodes supported include Code-39, ITF, Code-93, Code-128, UPC, EAN, GS1-128, MSI, USPS Postnet and Intelligent Mail, as well as Universal and Databar. And if you want more useful info, you can follow the guide of your products,

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)