We have an application that has seperate databases for each organization that uses it but of course the structure of each database is the same.
I have built a report to list the number of times a provider in our area has referred a patient to the organization. I copied the report 8 times and set up the data connection for each of the 8 databases. There is a parameter on the report for the month. I have the default value set to
=IIF(Month(Today) = 1, 12, Month(Today) - 1)
For all reports if I just go and run the report it does as it is supposed to and uses the previous month as the default value. When I set up a subscription to export the reports all but three are fine, but the other three do not have an option to use the default value for the month parameter. There is no difference in these reports as I simply built one, copied, pasted, changed a logo and the connection then deployed.
The first thing I would try is to delete one of the problem reports from the Report Server, then go to BIDS and deploy that report and see if you get your parameter back. Don't deploy over, delete first, then redeploy. I know it sounds odd, but on a few occasions I have not had a report on the server update when re-deploying unless I deleted the old one first.
Thanks Daniel. I guess I should have also listed what steps I have already taken to resolve, unfortunately this is one that I have taken. I deleted the report from Report Server and re-deployed it. What is so frustrating is that for each organization the report is just a copy of the original. Most are working fine it is just these three that will not use the default properly when running the subscription.
I just realized I should also note, they were originally created in 2005 and worked without issue in SSRS2005. I imported them into BI 2008 and deployed to our newer 2008 server and that is when they started giving me trouble. My next step is to just recreate those three reports from scratch.
I personally wouldn't start from scratch. I would try to delete the parameters first and then re-add them back in before scrapping everything. That should remove the code from the xml behind the report code. If not, right click on your report in the solution explorer and select "Code". Then do a CTRL + F and look for some of the parameter names that you are having issues with. If they are still there, then you could remove the appropriate parameter sections. I would urge you to make a backup of the report before making any changes to the RDL. One small mistake will cause the report to fail.
Brian K. McDonald, sqlbigeek