Let's do a step by step on how to configure your FTP Task:
4. Select the name of your server
5. Enter your server port
6. Under Credentials: If that server requires user name and Password, enter here
7. The Time out option lets you decide you want to wait for it to attempt to connect before it fails (60 seconds is the default)
8. Retries is where you select how many attempts you want it to make
9. The default of your Chunk size is set to 1Kb, you will want to reconsider the size based on what you are reading/writing. You might need the proper permissions to increase the size.
10. Stop on Failure: you can set to true or false
11. Give it a name and description
12. IsLocalPathVariable is either true or false. That means your local destination is/is not saved in a variable.
13. LocalPathVariable is true you can select your variables in LocalPath. If it false, LocalPath is set to an existing file or path.
14. Operation: choose whether you want to send, receive, create or delete.
15. IsTransferAscii: are the files being transferred in Ascii mode true or false.
16. RemotePath allows you to connect to the FTP server.
17. OverwriteFileAtDest means that you can overwrite and existing file or fail if it exists.
18. Expressions: Allows you to add an expression
I hope that this has been helpful to everybody and I will be posting more blogs regarding the Tasks in SSIS.