I have been reading several blog postings about 2010 goals. First, I want to applaud all of you for setting goals for the entire year. Moreover, I would like to say that I admire those that can actually achieve their annual goals, like my good friend Steve Jones. Can you all believe that he ran everyday last year? Congratulations Steve!!.
My goals tend to change as the year progresses. As a result, I decided to focus on setting quarterly instead of annual goals. Some may think that I lack ambition and drive. Well, I laugh in your face. Sometimes setting such long-term goals tend to be overwhelming and often my focus changes therefore my goals change. So here are my first quarter goals:
1. Learn everything I can about SQL Server Analysis Server
2. Two blog postings per week.
3. Publish two articles
4. Speak at a minimum of three events (SQLSaturday, SQLLunch, PASS Virtual Chapter, etc…)
5. Schedule SQL Lunch speakers for the rest of the year (at least 2 per month)
6. Submit 2 videos to SQL Share
7. Submit an abstract to SQL Server Standard (Grant Fritchey)
For some of you more ambitious people this may seem like a short list, but remember this is only for the first quarter of 2010. Every couple of weeks I will post a progress chart from the previous two weeks.
Talk to you soon
Patrick LeBlanc, found SQLLunch.com