It looks like I am a day late to completely follow the rules, but I thought I would chime in anyway on #Meme15. Why do I love my job? If I have talked to you in person lately, you probably know, because you couldn’t get me to stop talking about it!
Here are the top 5 reasons I love my job as a consultant with Pragmatic Works:
5) I love NOT COMMUTING. For 15 years, I commuted from Edwardsville, IL, to St. Louis, and now I get to work from my home. I am not sure what I am doing with my extra 2+ hours each day, maybe it is just getting more sleep.
4) I travel two weeks per month on average to client sites. So far, the travel has been fun because I know people all over the country to meet up with during the evening. For example, I had dinner with Tim Mitchell and his wife while working near Dallas and met with Rick Morelan while working in Bothel, WA. I get to go to cool restaurants and see the sites. Except for working for the client, it’s almost like a vacation. I knew that I would have so much fun in Phoenix that I didn’t even come home during the weekend and stayed there a straight two weeks. I was not disappointed!
3) Pragmatic Works not only encourages their consultants to learn new skills, we are rewarded for doing so. PW is the model for professional development. I love learning new things!
2) I love writing and teaching. At Pragmatic Works, I get to do everything I love to do.
1) And the number one reason I love working for Pragmatic Works: I love being a superstar and PW lets me be one!